In Attendance: Drew Dehoff, Sue Lowry, Jennifer Hoggatt, Matt Unruh, Julie Cunningham, Pooja Kanwar, Heidi Moltz, Amy Shallcross, Mabel Jones, Katherine Zitsch, and Brian Atkins
Call to Order:
Drew Dehoff, ICWP Board Chair, called the meeting to order at 9:04 a.m. Central time. The Board summary from the December 2, 2021 call was approved. Julie Cunningham made the motion to approve the summary and Amy Shallcross seconded the motion. The meeting summary was approved by unanimous voice vote.
Brian Atkins reviewed the Treasurer’s Report and reported total assets were $169,135.13 after expenses as of December 31, 2021. The treasurer’s report is attached.
Executive Director’s Report:
The Executive Director’s Report dated December 31, 2021, is attached and was distributed to the full Board. ICWP Executive Director Sue Lowry initiated discussion on the Executive Director vacancy announcement which was distributed in December 2021 and the application deadline is January 14, 2022.
An all-committee webinar has been scheduled for February 9, 2022 that will focus on the trans-basin diversion from the Delaware River to New York City. The webinar, presented by the Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC) will be the first in a series of all-committee webinars that will address other existing trans-basin diversions as well as some that are on the drawing boards and been in the planning stage for years.
Legislation and Policy – last met on December 9; next meeting on January 27, 2022
- Sue reported that the Project Partnership Agreement (PPA) Coalition letter had been developed and submitted along with eight other entities that signed on with ICWP;
- A draft version of the 2022 USGS Streamgaging Stakeholder Support Letter will be developed for review by the ICWP Board by the end of January before being distributed to the other committees.
Water Data and Science – last met on November 18; next meeting on February 1, 2022
- Amy Shallcross reported the November 18th meeting featured a presentation by Chris Konrad with the USGS regarding the USGS streamgaging network gap analysis;
- The February 1st meeting will feature a presentation by John Feldt, Founder and President of Blue Water Outlook and discussion regarding a workplan for the committee for 2022.
Interstate Water Management – last met on December 13; next meeting on February 9, 2022
- Drew Dehoff reported the December 13th meeting featured a presentation by former ICWP intern Katherine Tucker presenting the work that she did for the committee during her internship in 2021;
- The Interstate Water Management Committee will sponsor several all-committee webinars this year that will focus on trans-basin diversions. After the February 9th meeting, the next webinar will feature the Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC) contrasting their trans-basin diversions with the information presented by the DRBC. A presentation about a proposed diversion of water from the Platte River to the Republican River in Nebraska will be scheduled for later in 2022.
Water Planning – last met on November 22; next meeting on January 24, 2022
- Jennifer Hoggatt reported that John Boyer gave a presentation regarding water-planning project work by CDM Smith during the November 22nd meeting;
- The January 24th meeting will feature a presentation by ICWP Board member Katherine Zitsch regarding water management planning activities in north Georgia.
- Matt Unruh has agreed to chair this committee;
- An ICWP membership ICWP strategic plan will be developed soon.
Internship Program for Spring, 2022 Semester:
Heidi Moltz and Sue discussed planning efforts associated with the ICWP Internship Program including an announcement letter that was posted in December. The application deadline is January 14, 2022.
Upcoming ICWP Meetings:
Sue mentioned planning discussions and efforts had begun for the 2022 Washington DC Roundtable scheduled to take place April 5-7, 2022, at the DoubleTree Crystal City. The Roundtable will be co-hosted by ICWP, the Western States Water Council, and the National Water Supply Alliance.
Discussion also took place 2022 ICWP Annual Meeting in Quad Cities, Iowa. The dates will be October 25-27, 2022.
Next call scheduled for February 3, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. Central time.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:59 a.m. Central Time.