In attendance: Amy Shallcross, Sue Lowry, Drew Dehoff, Jodee Pring, Kirsten Wallace, Heidi Moltz, Earl Lewis, Rhonda Manning, Julie Cunningham and Brian Atkins
- None to report
- Amy Shallcross will send Delaware State Geologist contact information to ICWP Executive Director Sue Lowry
- Sue Lowry will work on the ICWP Finances Standard Operating Procedures for August strategy session
- Sue Lowry will send out invoices during the month of July
- ICWP committee chairs will be thinking of statement of principles for each committee
Amy Shallcross called the meeting to order at 10:02 am Central time. The agenda was not modified. The Board summary from the May 7, 2020 call was approved by unanimous voice vote; the motion included a direction to Sue that the Board summary would be corrected to show that Heidi Moltz joined the June 4th call late and that Heidi’s name would be added to the version posted on the ICWP web site. Rhonda Manning made the motion to approve and Drew Dehoff seconded.
Drew Dehoff reviewed the Treasure’s report. Total net assets were $108,773.45 after expenses as of June 30, 2020. Drew reported that $1,750 had been submitted and deposited for FY21 dues by the Wyoming Water Development Office and the remaining $1,750 dues payment by the Wyoming State Engineer’s Office would be deposited after July 1st so that Wyoming’s FY21 dues will have been paid during June and July. In addition, the Delaware River Basin Commission and the Susquehanna River Basin Commission submitted FY21 dues payments of $3,500 each but Sue will deposit after July 1, 2020 so that the revenues are reflected during the 2021 fiscal year.
Executive Director Report:
The Executive Director Report dated June 30, 2020 is attached and was distributed to the full Board.
Sue Lowry, Executive Director, reported that she had received a request from the New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission (NEIWPCC) to talk during a virtual meeting hosted by NEIWPCC about USGS streamgaging costs. Sue reported that she has been talking with some USGS representatives about details related to those costs.
Sue also reported that she has been representing ICWP by participating on the American Water Resources Association’s (AWRA) policy committee. The committee recently asked Sue to help organize a panel on state and federal water topics for their virtual meeting in early November.
All ICWP dues invoices are ready to go out and should go out the week of Monday, July 6th. She will also send out personalized letters with the invoices.
Legislation and Policy (met June 18)
- The 2020 WRDA bill, entitled “America’s Water Infrastructure Act” (AWIA) may be combined with a larger infrastructure legislative package in the future;
- Discussed “Advocacy with Congress during COVID” theme for the Legislation and Policy session during the ICWP virtual meeting in October;
- Discussed prioritizing topics for Statement of Principles development;
- Next meeting scheduled for July 16.
Water Data and Science (met July 1)
- Dr. Daniel Wright, University of Wisconsin, presented his research on extreme precipitation and how it compares with Atlas 14;
- The committee will invite the USGS to provide an update on the Next Generation Water Observing System (NGWOS) during the ICWP virtual meeting in October;
- Next meeting has not been scheduled yet.
Interstate Water Management (met June 11)
- Drew Dehoff reported that the interstate report and executive summary are nearly finished;
- The primer is almost complete will be released later;
- Drew’s graphic designer is working on press releases in which one will be released with the report and one will go out with the primer later in the year;
- Next meeting will be June 21 and Shawn Jackson, Arkansas Natural Resources Division, will give a presentation regarding Arkansas’ interstate activities.
Water Planning (met May 18)
- Jennifer Hoggatt reported the next meeting on July 13 will focus on FEMA’s Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) initiative and will be open to all ICWP committees;
- Sue reported that she had checked with the American Water Resources Association (AWRA) and the AWRA is not planning on hosting a virtual National Leadership Institute (NLI) event this year; Sue will be looking into how ICWP can coordinate with AWRA if the NLI won’t be meeting this year.
- Next meeting will be July 13 (all ICWP committees).
Upcoming ICWP Meetings:
Summer Board Planning Session — week of August 24, 2020
The Board will have a couple of webinar sessions during the afternoons of August 24th and 25th.
2020 Annual Meeting — week of October 11, 2021
- The annual meeting has been re-scheduled to be held in Philadelphia, PA the week of October 11, 2021 at the Wyndham Historic District Hotel (Tuesday – Thursday).
- There will be virtual meetings on October 6, 8, 13, and 15;
- The agenda for those virtual meetings is being developed regarding potential topics and speakers;
- A nominating committee will need to be named for 2020 Membership Meeting actions;
- Sue also mentioned that we will need technical support for the virtual meeting.
Next call scheduled for July 30 at 10:00 a.m. Central time.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:15 a.m. Central time; Drew Dehoff made a motion to adjourn and Earl Lewis seconded.