In attendance: Amy Shallcross, Sue Lowry, Drew Dehoff, Jodee Pring, Heidi Moltz, Julie Cunningham, Kirsten Wallace, Jennifer Hoggatt and Brian Atkins
- The Board approved the WRDA letter
- The ICWP Nominating Committee was created
- Sue Lowry will finalize the WRDA/AWIA letters to be sent to Congressional leadership;
- The ICWP Nominating Committee will need to meet before the August planning sessions;
- Sue Lowry will send the existing strategic plan to the Board members;
- The ICWP committees will continue to work on principles statements;
- Sue Lowry asked that Board members to send any items for the October annual meeting.
Amy called the meeting to order at 10:03 am Central time. The agenda was not modified. The Board summary from the July 2, 2020 call was approved. Drew Dehoff made the motion to approve the summary and Julie Cunningham seconded the motion.
Drew Dehoff reviewed the Treasurer’s report in advance of the one to be submitted at the end of the month. Total net assets were $136,407.06 after expenses as of July 31, 2020. A total of $43,605 in dues payments have been received so far. Due to a reduction in expenditures during this past year because of COVID-19, $38,643 was carried over into assets for this year. The treasurer’s report is attached.
Executive Director’s Report:
Sue Lowry, ICWP Executive Director, reviewed the Executive Director’s Report in advance of the one to be submitted at the end of the month. The Executive Director Report dated July 31, 2020 is attached and was distributed to the full Board.
Sue reported that she had received an invitation to participate in the Critical Habitat Assessment Tool (CHAT) webinar with the Western States Water Council’s Water Data Exchange (WaDE) and the Internet of Water (IoW) on August 10th.
Legislation and Policy (met July 16)
- The letter from ICWP to Congressional leadership regarding the 2020 WRDA bill, entitled “America’s Water Infrastructure Act” (AWIA) was being finalized by Sue and will be sent out during the first week in August; a motion to approve the letter pending Sue’s revisions was approved by Julie Cunningham and seconded by Jennifer Hoggatt.
- Discussed “Advocacy with Congress during COVID” theme for the Legislation and Policy session during the ICWP virtual meeting in October;
- Discussed prioritizing topics for Statement of Principles development;
- Next meeting scheduled for August 16.
Water Data and Science (met July 1)
- Greg McCabe, USGS, will talk about paleo drought for the Delaware River;
- The committee is working to finalize speakers and topics for the Water Data and Science session during the ICWP virtual meeting in October;
- The committee is also working on drafting principles statements and Amy Shallcross, committee chair, hopes to present those to the Board during the Board’s strategy meeting in August;
- Next meeting scheduled for July 30.
Interstate Water Management (met June 21)
- Drew Dehoff, committee chair, reported that Shawn Jackson, Arkansas Natural Resources Division, gave a presentation regarding Arkansas’ interstate activities during the June 21st committee meeting;
- Drew also reported that the interstate report was almost finished, and the executive summary was completed;
- The last edits were being applied to the primer so it is almost complete will be released later;
- Next meeting scheduled for September 15.
Water Planning (met July 13)
- Jennifer Hoggatt, committee chair, reported the meeting on July 13 focused on FEMA’s Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) initiative and was open to all ICWP committees;
- The committee is working to finalize speakers and topics for the Water Planning session during the ICWP virtual meeting in October;
- The committee is also working on drafting topics for Statement of Principles;
- Next meeting will be August 10.
Upcoming ICWP Meetings:
Summer Board Planning Session — week of August 24, 2020
- Will consist of a couple of webinar sessions during the afternoons of August 24th and 25th;
- Sue is working on a draft agenda and briefly discussed it with the Board;
- Sue will send out the existing strategic plan to the Board members to use as a starting point for discussion regarding a new strategic plan;
- Sue and Drew have been working on a new Treasurer’s standard operating procedure (SOP) and will finalize to present to the Board during the planning sessions.
2020 Annual Meeting
- The annual meeting has been re-scheduled to be held in Philadelphia, PA the week of October 11, 2021 at the Wyndham Historic District Hotel (Tuesday – Thursday).
- There will be virtual meetings on October 6, 8, 13, and 15;
- The agenda for those virtual meetings is being developed regarding potential topics and speakers;
- A nominating committee will need to be named for 2020 Membership Meeting actions;
- Kirsten Wallace, Jennifer Hoggatt, and Brian Atkins volunteered to serve on the nominating committee;
- Sue also mentioned that we will need technical support for the virtual meeting.
Next call scheduled for September 10 at noon Central time.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:15 a.m. Central Time by Chair Amy Shallcross.