In attendance: Amy Shallcross, Sue Lowry, Drew Dehoff, Jodee Pring, Kirsten Wallace, Matt Unruh, Rhonda Manning, Jennifer Hoggatt, Heidi Moltz and Brian Atkins
- The May 7, 2020 Board Summary was approved
- The FY2020 Budget was approved
- The ICWP 2020 Annual Meeting has been postponed until October 2021
- Sue Lowry will work with the Philadelphia Wyndham Hotel regarding postponing the ICWP Annual Meeting until October 2021;
- A subcommittee consisting of Amy Shallcross, Sue Lowry, and Jodee Pring was created to work on planning a webinar in October 2020 in lieu of the postponing the ICWP 2020 Annual Meeting;
- Drew Dehoff will finish the Interstate Committee report
- Board members need to respond to Sue by June 10th if they have any comments regarding the letter that will be sent out with the invoices;
- Sue Lowry and Jennifer Hoggatt will work on planning the ICWP all-committee webinar on July 13th.
Amy Shallcross called the meeting to order at 10:02 am Central time. The agenda was not modified. The Board summary from the May 7, 2020 call was approved by unanimous voice vote. Jennifer Hoggatt made the motion to approve and Drew Dehoff seconded.
Drew Dehoff reviewed the Treasure’s report. Total net assets were $103,806.98 after expenses as of May 31st. Jennifer Hoggatt had a conversation with Barr Engineering to see if they are still interested in being one of ICWP’s Bronze members, but it appears that Barr will not be able to be a member for the upcoming year. Also, Sue and Drew have been working on developing on an outline for an ICWP Finances Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) document.
A proposed budget for FY2021 was presented for the members to approve; Jodee Pring made a motion to approve and Rhonda Manning seconded the motion. The budget was approved by unanimous voice vote.
Executive Director Report:
The Executive Director Report dated May 31, 2020 is attached and was distributed to the full Board.
Sue Lowry, Executive Director, reported that WestFAST scheduled 3 federal update webinar briefings to cover some of the material that would have been presented at the Washington D.C. Roundtable in March and those briefings were held during the month of May. ICWP members were invited to those virtual briefings and the briefings went well.
Legislation and Policy (met May 14)
- On May 29, Sue sent the final versions of the WRDA/AWIA comment letters to the Senate leadership and the U.S. House Transportation & Infrastructure committee;
- Next meeting scheduled for June 18.
Water Data and Science (met April 29)
- The committee participated in the June 3rd NIDIS drought webinar entitled “Drought Decision-Making Tools You Can Use”;
- Sue had a good discussion with Dr. Daniel Wright, University of Wisconsin, regarding his research and how it compares with Atlas 14. The group discussed the possibility of Dr. Wright giving a presentation during the next Water Data and Science committee meeting.
- Next meeting has not been scheduled yet.
Interstate Water Management (met Feb. 3)
- Drew Dehoff reported that the interstate report and primer is almost complete; Board approved the purchase of copyrighted photos for the report (likely less than $50)
- The announcement of the report will be mentioned in the invoice letters that Sue will begin sending out during the next several weeks;
- Next meeting will be June 11th.
Water Planning (met May 18)
- Jennifer Hoggatt reported the next meeting will focus on FEMA’s Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) initiative;
- Because there may be a lot of interest in BRIC, the next meeting may be offered as an all-committee meeting to ICWP members;
- Next meeting will be July 13.
A discussion was held on the goal, timeline and purposes of the Principle Statements that each of the Committees will be developing on 1-3 priority topics. The committees will strive to have the statements developed prior to the Board’s August strategy session. The statements will replace the outdated policy statements that ICWP developed years ago and will state ICWP’s position on a variety of issues.
Sue recently sent a draft FY2021 invoice letter out to the Board members and asked that everyone review the letter and submit comments to her by June 10th. The invoice letter will reflect that dues will not be increased this year as originally planned. Sue will query the members to see any would like their invoice early to utilized FY20 funds.
Upcoming ICWP Meetings:
Summer Board Planning Session — week of August 24, 2020
The Board decided not to meet at the YMCA Camp in Estes Park, CO as originally planned but instead will have a couple of webinar sessions August 24th and 25th (probably in the afternoons).
2020 Annual Meeting — week of October 12, 2020
- The annual meeting is scheduled to be held in Philadelphia, PA the week of October 12th at the Wyndham Historic District Hotel (Tuesday – Thursday).
- Sue had recently talked with the hotel and ICWP would incur a penalty if we cancelled the conference this year; however, if we postponed until October 2021, the hotel would allow us to do that without penalty as long as we held the conference at the hotel;
- As a result, the Board voted for Sue to work with the Wyndham Hotel in Philadelphia to postpone the conference until October 2021. Jodee Pring motioned, Jennifer Hoggatt seconded, and it was approved unanimously.
- There was some discussion about the possibility of having a virtual ICWP annual meeting, perhaps tied to each of the committees’ activities, sometime in October. A subcommittee consisting of Amy Shallcross, Sue Lowry, and Jodee Pring was created to work on planning the webinar.
Next call scheduled for July 2nd at 10:00 a.m. Central time.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:20 a.m. Central time; Drew Dehoff made a motion to adjourn and Matt Unruh seconded.