In Attendance: Drew Dehoff, Sue Lowry, Beth Callaway, Jennifer Hoggatt, Amy Shallcross, Mabel Jones, Matt Unruh, Katherine Zitsch, Kirsten Wallace, and Brian Atkins
- The Board voted to approve the selection of Beth Callaway as the new Executive Director of ICWP beginning June 1, 2022
Call to Order:
Drew Dehoff, ICWP Board Chair, called the meeting to order at 9:02 a.m. Central time. The Board summary from the March 3, 2022 call was approved. Matt Unruh made the motion to approve the summary and Mabel Jones seconded the motion. The meeting summary was approved by unanimous voice vote. No Board call was held in April due to the Washington Roundtable.
Brian Atkins reviewed the Treasurer’s Report and reported total assets were $144, 066.32 after expenses as of April 30, 2022. The treasurer’s report is attached.
Introduction of Beth Callaway to Board:
Beth Callaway was introduced by Drew Dehoff to the ICWP Board as the new Executive Director of ICWP. After some discussion regarding Beth’s contract and work plan, the Board voted to approve Beth as the new Executive Director. Kirsten Wallace made the motion to approve Beth as Executive Director and Amy Shallcross seconded the motion. The motion was approved by unanimous voice vote and Beth will start on June 1, 2022.
Executive Director’s Report:
The Executive Director’s Report dated April 30, 2022 is attached and was distributed the full Board. Executive Director Sue Lowry gave a brief summary of the Washington, D.C. Roundtable and discussions about future interactions with federal agencies such as continuation of the federal water sub-cabinet or some type of new version of the Western States Federal Agency Support Team (WestFAST). Sue also mentioned that she and Beth Callaway would work on the Executive Director transition during the months of May and June. Drew Dehoff added that he had attended the NOAA National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS) Executive Council Meeting in Washington, D.C. in Sue’s absence.
Legislation and Policy – last met on April 13; next meeting June 2
- Committee Chair Kirsten Wallace reported that the U.S. Senate’s Committee on Environment and Public Works (EPW) had released its version of the 2022 Water Resources Development Act language on May 4th and that the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) will release its draft language sometime in May;
- Sue Lowry reported that Rep. Melanie Stansbury from New Mexico is planning to introduce a water data bill soon that include re-activating the Advisory Committee on Water Information.
Water Data and Science – last met on March 28; next meeting in June (to be scheduled)
- Committee chair Amy Shallcross reported that the Wade Kress and Meredith Reitz with the USGS presented during the March 28th meeting;
- Randy Hadland offered to find a speaker with BPA for the committee and also to make a prestation himself to discuss R & D on water equipment by the private sector.
- The committee may also look at Rep. Stansbury’s water data bill.
Interstate Water Management – last met on April 18; next meeting on June 23
- Committee chair Drew Dehoff reported that he had given a presentation during the April 18th meeting about trans-basin diversions in the Susquehanna River Basin. The presentation was the second in a series of several all-committee webinars this year that will focus on trans-basin diversions;
- Future speakers will be scheduled for upcoming trans-basin diversion presentations.
Water Planning – last met on March 7, 2022; next meeting on in June (to be scheduled)
- Committee chair Jennifer Hoggatt reported that the March 7th meeting featured a presentation by Erik Smith, USGS Water-Use Data and Research Program Coordinator.
Upcoming ICWP Meetings:
The 2022 ICWP Annual Meeting will be held October 25-27, 2022 in Davenport, Iowa at the Black Hawk Hotel. Sue announced that the contract with the hotel has been completed.
The next Board call is scheduled for June 2, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. Central Time.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:00 a.m. Central Time.