In attendance: Drew Dehoff, Sue Lowry, Kirsten Wallace, Mabel Jones, Heidi Moltz, Matt Unruh, Amy Shallcross, Pooja Kanwar, and Brian Atkins
- The Board voted to approve the Principle Statements as presented at the 2021 ICWP Annual Meeting
- A Search Committee was created to begin working on the search for a new ICWP Executive Director
Call to Order:
Drew Dehoff, ICWP Board Chair, called the meeting to order at 9:03 a.m. Central time. The Board summary from the September 30, 2021 call was approved. Amy Shallcross made the motion to approve the summary and Mabel Jones seconded the motion. The meeting summary was approved by unanimous voice vote.
Brian Atkins reviewed the Treasurer’s and reported total assets were $160,776.48 after expenses as of October 31, 2021. The treasurer’s report is attached.
Executive Director’s Report:
The Executive Director’s Report dated October 31, 2021 is attached and was distributed the full Board. ICWP Executive Director Sue Lowry reported that she and Drew Dehoff had begun working on developing a Vacancy Announcement for the ICWP Executive Director position with the goal of the announcement being ready to post in early December 2021. Drew asked that if anyone would like to volunteer to serve on a search committee to work with Drew and Sue to please let Drew know. Several members volunteered to be part of the Search Committee so that the Search Committee will consist of Drew Dehoff, Julie Cunningham, Kirsten Wallace, Pooja Kanwar, and Brian Atkins.
Sue reported that she did not receive any comments or revisions regarding the ICWP Position Principle Statements that were presented during the 2021 ICWP Annual Meeting in October. Therefore, the Principle Statements were the same as presented during the Annual Meeting and the Board decided to vote to approve them. Amy Shallcross made the motion for the Board to approve the Principle Statements and Matt Unruh seconded the motion. The motion passed by unanimous voice vote and the two Principle Statements will be added to the ICWP website.
An all-committee webinar will be scheduled for some time in early 2022, perhaps advertising the kick-off of the Trans-basin Diversion discussions to all of the committee.
Legislation and Policy – last met on November 3rd; next meeting on December 9, 2021
- Sue reported the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works (EPW) has created a portal for associations to submit their requests for WRDA 2022. ICWP Legislation and Policy chair Kirsten Wallace thought that most WRDA 2020 topics would still be relevant for 2022 and those will be discussed during the December committee meeting. The committee will work on an ICWP priority list of ideas to submit to the EPW portal before the EPW’s deadline in December.
Water Data and Science – next meeting on November 18, 2021
- The November 18th meeting will feature a presentation by Chris Konrad with the USGS regarding the USGS streamgaging network gap analysis;
- ICWP Water Data and Science committee chair is working on developing agendas for future committee meetings.
Interstate Water Management – last meeting August 17; next meeting December 13, 2021
- Next meeting will feature a presentation by former ICWP intern Katherine Tucker presenting the work that she did for the committee during her internship in 2021;
- Committee meetings in 2022 will focus on presentations on trans-basin diversion projects.
Water Planning – next meeting November 22, 2021
- John Boyer will give a presentation regarding water-planning project work by CDM Smith.
ICWP Internship Program:
Sue and Heidi Moltz will begin working on developing an ICWP Internship announcement to post in December. Sue asked that committee chairs and other board members to submit study topic ideas for the interns to work on.
Upcoming ICWP Meetings:
Sue reminded everyone that the Washington D.C. Roundtable will be held April 5-7, 2022 at the DoubleTree Crystal City Hotel in Arlington, Va. The Roundtable will be co-hosted by ICWP, Western States Water Council, and the National Water Supply Alliance.
Jennifer Hoggatt and Kirsten Wallace are working on the venue for the 2022 Annual Meeting, possibly to be held in the Quad Cities area. Tentative dates will be October 18-20, 2022.
Next call scheduled for December 2, 2021 at 9 a.m. Central time.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:01 a.m. Central Time.