In attendance: Kirsten Wallace, Sue Lowry, Amy Shallcross, Drew Dehoff, Rhonda Manning, Heidi Moltz, Jennifer Hoggatt, Pooja Kanwar, Matt Unruh and Brian Atkins
Kirsten called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m. Central time. The Board summary from the October 1, 2020 call was approved. Amy Shallcross made the motion to approve the summary and Drew Dehoff seconded the motion. All Board members felt the virtual Annual Meeting was a success and the virtual format allowed for increased participation. 11 non-member states registered.
Brian Atkins reviewed the Treasurer’s report and reported total net assets were $161,557.90 after expenses as of October 31, 2020. Payments of $21,500 for dues were received during the month of October with $86,710 in dues received so far during this fiscal year. All of the ICWP Sustaining Members have paid dues for this year. Sue Lowry, ICWP Executive Director, reported that the Tri-State Water Resource Coalition will not be able to renew their membership this year. The treasurer’s report is attached.
Executive Director’s Report:
The Executive Director’s Report dated October 31 is attached and was distributed to the full Board. Sue Lowry, ICWP Executive Director, reported that Sue Layton has recently been named as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Planning Assistance to the States (PAS) Program Director. Sue will contact Susan Layton soon to introduce Susan to ICWP and talk about some current issues with the PAS Program. Sue also reported that she participated in 2 stakeholder meetings held by the USACE Revolutionize Civil Works initiative on October 14th and 21st. In addition, Sue planned to register for the Great Lakes Commission Annual Meeting that will be held online, November 17-19, 2020.
Sue reported that she had been approached to develop a joint statement with the Western States Water Council (WSWC) and the National Water Supply Alliance (NWSA) so she will work with Tony Willardson (WSWC) and Dave Mitamura (NWSA) to draft a letter and submit it to the ICWP Board members to review.
Legislation and Policy (met August 27)
- Kirsten Wallace, Committee Chair, and Sue Lowry had some correspondence with Mike Voich, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, after the ICWP Annual Meeting in October regarding issues with Project Partnership Agreements (PPA) such as PPA liability and indemnification barriers.
- Next meeting on November 19.
Water Data and Science (met November 4)
- Dr. Momcilo Markus, Illinois State Water Survey, gave a presentation regarding recent rainfall frequency research.
- Next meeting will be held on January 7, 2021 which will be a joint all-committee webinar.
Interstate Water Management
- Peter Colohan (Internet of Water) confirmed for next meeting on December 1
- Interstate report finished and posted on the ICWP web site; Drew and Sue putting finishing touches on primer.
Water Planning (met November 2)
- The committee had a short debriefing of the ICWP Annual Meeting session on Water Planning and also reviewed the Principles Statements that were presented during the Annual Meeting.
- The committee also talked about possible projects for an intern.
Upcoming ICWP Meetings:
Two ICWP Board strategic planning sessions with Tara Kuipers are scheduled for November 23rd and December 21st. Tara has developed a survey for the ICWP Board members to complete and Sue will forward it to the Board members. Tara will develop the agenda from that survey.
Next call scheduled for December 3 at 9 a.m. Central time.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:00 a.m. Central Time by Vice Chair Drew Dehoff.