In attendance: Amy Shallcross, Sue Lowry, Drew Dehoff, Jodee Pring, Lauren Salvato, Rhonda Manning, Julie Cunningham, Jennifer Orr Greene, and Brian Atkins
- Agreed to send the WRDA letter to the Senate EPW Committee pending any edits that Board members submitted to Sue
- Sue will send an announcement to the full ICWP members distribution asking for infrastructure pilot projects to elevate to the Water Sub-cabinet
- Send comments to Sue regarding the WRDA letter soon
- Look over priority survey results
- Work on plans for the 2020 Annual Meeting – Amy, Drew, Jennifer, and Rhonda
Amy called the meeting to order at 2:01 pm Central time. The agenda was not modified. The Board summaries from the September 12, 2019 and October 3, 2019 calls were approved. Drew made the motion and Jen seconded.
Drew reviewed the Treasure’s report. The Wells Fargo Balance on Oct. 31 was $127,994.74 and the Paypal balance was $2,585.71. Total assets are $130,580.45. Expenses in October were to Tax Bandits for completing and filing the Form 990 for the 2018 tax year. The only liability was Sue’s Avocet Consulting invoice of $6,069.09. Our projected net income from the 2019 Annual Meeting in Mobile is $3,434.00. New dues payments were received during October for a total of $19,500 and an additional $19,500 in dues payments are still expected. See attached spreadsheet.
Executive Director Report:
The Executive Director Report dated October 31, 2019 is attached and was distributed to the full Board.
The Subcommittee on Hydrology meeting was cancelled due to FACA PM. Sue is trying to find out more information to find out why the meeting was cancelled and where the Streamflow Information Collaborative may go from here. It may either be sunsetted or move forward with Peter Colohan within the framework of the Internet of Water.
Dr. Landon Marston will be presenting his research on interbasin transfers to the full ICWP membership during a joint ICWP committee webinar scheduled for November 19, 2019 at 2 p.m. Central time.
A joint ICWP all-committee webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, January 8, 2020 from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. Central time to discuss the ICWP Priorities Survey. A joint committee webinar is being held because there was significant overlap among the committees on several of the topics identified in the survey so the joint webinar will provide an opportunity to discuss the results of the survey and how to incorporate the priorities into the various committee workplans.
Committee leadership will be discussed during the December 12th Board call.
- Legislation and Policy (next meeting Dec. 6) Sue briefly summarized the contents of the draft WRDA letter from ICWP to the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works (EPW). The goal is to send the letter around November 8, 2019.
- Water Data and Science (next meeting Nov. 18) met on October 2. Dr. Mark Svoboda, Director of the National Drought Mitigation Center, gave a presentation about the U.S. Drought Monitor. There is a lot of work going on in regard to securing baseline funding support for the Drought Monitor. A joint committee webinar with the Water Planning Committee is scheduled for Monday, November 18, 2019 at 10 a.m. Central time. Kim Shaffer, USGS Water Use Data and Research (WUDR) Coordinator, will be discussing the items that ICWP had submitted questions about regarding the WUDR Program back in August.
- Interstate Water Management –met on November 5 and discussed feedback from the breakout groups that held discussions during the ICWP annual meeting in October. The Committee also discussed preparing a primer for the interstate report and the goal is to release the final version of the report in January.
- Water Planning (next meeting Nov. 18) met on September 30 and Jennifer Schellpeper with Nebraska’s Department of Natural Resources presented. A joint committee webinar with the Water Data and Science Committee is scheduled for Monday, November 18, 2019 at 10 a.m. Central time. Kim Shaffer, USGS Water Use Data and Research (WUDR) Coordinator, will be discussing the items that ICWP had submitted questions about regarding the WUDR Program back in August.
Dues payments continue to come in but we are still $12,000 short for budgeted dues for the year. Illinois (Illinois DNR Office of Water Resources) is joining and is working on paying dues after Sue sent an invoice to them. Colorado (Colorado Water Conservation Board) is also joining. Sue asked Drew and Brian to reach out to Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources about paying their dues and Sue and Brian will talk about following up with asking Mississippi and Tennessee to join ICWP. There was some discussion about West Virginia paying their dues and Jennifer agreed to follow up with them.
Upcoming ICWP Meetings:
There was some discussion about where the 2020 Annual Meeting will be held; it will probably be held in either Pennsylvania (such as Philadelphia or Pittsburgh) or Colorado (perhaps Denver or Boulder). Amy/Drew/Jen/Rhonda will discuss and bring back a recommendation to the December Board call. Conversation will be continued during the December Board call.
The 2020 Washington, D.C. Roundtable—week of March 30, 2020
- This will be a joint Roundtable with the Western States Water Council and the National Water Supply Alliance.
- WSWC is taking lead to meet with the Water Subcabinet staff members to have a small group dialogue on December 17. ICWP can send Sue and two Board members. Amy is able to attend. WSWC would also like to arrange for the Sub-cabinet’s participation at the roundtable (full attendance). They can also listen to us and we listen to them. Sue plans to send an announcement to the full ICWP members distribution asking for infrastructure pilot projects to elevate to the Water Sub-cabinet.
- There will be an USACE Revolutionize CW infrastructure listening session on Monday afternoon, March 30, 2020. The Roundtable will begin on Tuesday morning, March 31, 2020.
Board Meetings – first Thursdays
Next calls scheduled for Dec. 12 at 2:00 p.m. Central time, and Jan. 2 at 2:00 p.m. Central time (next NIDIS Executive Council has been set for Dec. 5, so the Dec. call be held on Dec. 12).
Meeting adjourned at 3:18 p.m. C.T. Jodee moved. Lauren seconded. All approved.