Interstate Water Management Committee Meeting Summary August 28, 2019 Conference Call
- Call to Order—Chair Drew Dehoff, SRBC—called to order at 10:02 a.m. Central
- Introductions of Participants on the call: Drew Dehoff, Chair and SRBC; Sue Lowry, ICWP Executive Director; Brian Atkins, Alabama OWR; Amy Shallcross, DRBC; Rhonda Manning, PA DEP; Ken Brazil, ANRC.
- Update of the 2006 Interstates Report
- Draft report progress and next steps
Drew stepped through the version of the draft report that was sent to the Board for their review. The primary spots that need review to assure we are capturing contemporary issues are the bullets on p. 10-11 and the list on page 20. Drew noted that in the case studies, he had received some updates that have not yet been incorporated, but other than the Chesapeake, no case studies are pending or incomplete. Drew has a graphics design person on contract and plans to use her skills to polish up the report once we have finalized the copy.
- Roll out of the Report Update at the ICWP Annual Meeting in Mobile, AL
The committee agreed that it would be good to get input from the members at the Mobile meeting on whether they feel other interstate issues should be included in the recommendations. Sue and Drew will work on a one-page summary of the report update for the meeting packets. On the back will be 3-4 questions and the audience will be spit into smaller groups to discuss these questions at Mobile in between Panels 1 and 2 on the Wednesday.
- Interstate topics to include on a survey of issues priorities of ICWP members and prospects—Survey members at Mobile
Drew had developed 4 topics to be included on the survey that parallel the recommendations from the report. The committee agreed that recommending the formation of a new FACA under the current administration was futile and this recommendation will be edited to a more general improvement in working with the federal family on interstate water management issues.
- Next call or webinar—Sept. 23 9 a.m. Central—finish one-page summary/breakout questions for Mobile packet and discuss breakout group logistics (moderators for each group/have provocateurs primed).