Interstate Water Management Committee Meeting Summary July 2, 2019 Conference Call
- Call to Order—Chair Drew Dehoff, SRBC—call to order at 10:03 a.m Central.
- Introductions of Participants on the call– Drew Dehoff, Chair and SRBC; Sue Lowry, ICWP Executive Director; Brian Atkins, Alabama OWR; Amy Shallcross, DRBC; Rhonda Manning, PA DEP.
- Update of the 2006 Interstates Report
- Progress on the writing/editing assignments made on the last call
Drew stepped through the Assignments Document that had been updated with those assignments made on the May 30 call. Several items have been completed. The remaining list, along with new assignments are on the Assignments Document in Blue text. Drew has a new lawyer joining SRBC soon and perhaps he could be asked to develop the statutory/compact review section of the report. Rhonda mentioned having a citation for a comprehensive Interstates Compact textbook that she will share.
- Goal of First draft by July 15
Drew feels that he will be able to get a first draft out to the committee by July 15. The committee should then get comments back to Drew or Sue by July 26 (or edit directly in Google Docs). Any committee comments will be incorporated and a draft ready to share with the Board by August 1. Discussion on this Draft version will be added to the Board Planning/Strategy webinar to be held on Aug. 5. The case studies descriptions will be shared with the Board for their review on their July 11 call. We aren’t necessarily looking for more case studies, but we want the Board to be able to weigh in the ones we have updated/selected.
- Review timeline for completing new draft of 2019 Report
After getting Board comments, a final draft will be developed and having the final ready for Mobile should be do-able with this timeline. We had also discussed sharing the final draft with other interstate organizations not on the Committee for their review. The draft developed after the Board’s Strategic Planning webinar on Aug. 5thwill be sent to the wider audience for review. A more detailed timeline is shown on the Assignments document.
- Drew has a summer intern that could start with Emily’s draft of the Primer and get the Primer ready. Adding graphics to this document that will make it more “brochure like”. Perhaps OWRB or Alabama could help with the graphics design.
- Ideas for Speakers/Topics at the ICWP Annual Meeting in Mobile, AL Oct. 8-10.
A talk on the ACF/ACT status would be of interest to attendees from out of the area. Due to the sensitivity of on-going litigation, we may have to find a speaker not affiliated with the court cases still pending.
- Interstate topics to include on a survey of issues priorities of ICWP members and prospects
A question like “What’s of value to you in ICWP’s Interstate Work”? could be added. As Drew develops the updated Report Implementation/Recommendations, he will summarize into a prioritization question for the survey.
- Next call or webinar—Next call August 28 at 10 a.m. Central.