- Call to Order—Chair Drew Dehoff, SRBC—Drew called to order at 10:04 a.m. Central.
- Introductions of Participants on the call: Drew Dehoff, Chair and SRBC; Sue Lowry, ICWP Executive Director; Brian Atkins, Alabama OWR; Amy Shallcross, DRBC; Ken Brazil, Arkansas NRC; Heidi Moltz, ICPRB.
- Update of the 2006 Interstates Report
- Progress on the writing/editing assignments made on the last call
- Review timeline for completing new draft of 2019 Report
Drew described that the committee has determined that this update is more of a new edition of the past report rather than a complete overhaul and new report. Drew stepped through the assignments made on the last call: Specific edits/assignments are listed on attached Assignments Document. (contact Sue for a copy)
Introduction—Brian suggested to keep the history of why the original 2006 report was done. Should the federal role in interstate organizations still be a focus?—Yes, a description of what the federal role is for the Section 105 Commissions and compare and contrast to the federal role in some example Western commissions.
Case Studies: The list of case studies will be copied into a stand-alone document to share with the Committee and determine which case studies to include. This list will also be shared with the Board prior to their June 13 call. Depending upon the Board’s input, the list could also be sent to the full ICWP membership to see if there are other case studies they would like added.
Sue reported on her conversation with Pooja Kanwar, MN DNR. Pooja has experience with systems analysis related to natural resources. She is willing to write up a new section on the potential application of systems approaches to the case studies described. She will write this after the case studies are updated.
Timeline: Complete Current assignments and submit to Sue or Drew by June 17. These will be reviewed on the July 2 Committee call
Draft ready for the committee to review by July 15
Goal of completed report ready to launch at Mobile (Oct. 9)
- ICWP Internship Program
Drew and Sue will pull in the documents completed by Emily during her internship (a spreadsheet of interstate organizations and a draft outline for the Primer)
- Ideas for Speakers/Topics at the ICWP Annual Meeting in Mobile, AL Oct. 8-10.
The PAS program has been used by some of the interstate commissions to help fill in some of the gaps of less federal funding to those commissions. A speaker from one of the ICWP member commissions will be added to the panel with Beverley Hayes. (SRBC or ICPRB)
- Next call or webinar—July 2—10 a.m. Central