Water Planning Committee Meeting Summary March 29, 2021 Webinar–Maribeth Menendez–Bureau of Reclamation’s WaterSMART grants and programs
- Call to Order—Chair Jennifer Hoggatt-Missouri DNR called to order at 10:04 a.m. Central
- Introductions of Participants on the call: Jennifer Hoggatt, Chair; Sue Lowry; Brian Atkins; Owen Mills; Carrie Wiese; Pooja Kanwar; Dan Miller; Kristina Peacock-Jones; Mable Jones; Jennifer Schellpeper; Mark Matlock; Maribeth Menendez; Matt Unruh.
- Webinar Presentation –Bureau of Reclamation’s WaterSMART program –Maribeth Menendez’ full PowerPoint slides can be found HERE.
Maribeth provided information on the following Programs within Water SMART:
–Title XVI Water Reclamation and Reuse
–Grants for Water Conservation and Efficiency
–Water Conservation Field Services
–Cooperative Watershed Management
The Data Visualization Tool was also demonstrated. The links to this tool and other resources can be found in the slide deck.
- Internship project update from 2021 Interns—Aislinn McLaughlin is leading the project reviewing all 50 states water planning lead contact and looking at plans to see if they include drought or climate change aspects.
- The USACE is holding a series of listening sessions on the Implementation of the provisions of the WRDA 2020.
- Report out of other ICWP committee activities
All ICWP committees invited to Drought.gov demonstration during next Water Data and Science committee –March 30 at 10 a.m. Central
- Additional items to add to 2021 committee workplan
Innovative funding approaches for water planning were discussed and representatives from North Dakota and Colorado were suggested as possible speakers
- Next call or webinar—set for May 10, Monday, at 10 a.m. Central. Aislinn McLaughlin will update the committee on her internship project with ICWP.
Water Planning Committee: Provide a forum of the exchange of ideas and concepts related to state and regional water planning.
- Webinars from several state planning efforts
- Contributed Planning topics/speakers for Annual Meeting and Washington DC Roundtable
Issues for 2021 Workplan
- Continue with Webinar presentations from individual states on their water planning programs
- Support for PAS
- Water Quality and Infrastructure—how ICWP might integrate these topics with our main mission topic areas
- Planning topics at 2021 Washington Roundtable and Annual Fall Meeting
- Funding approaches used by various states:
- North Dakota